Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review and Swatches: Lotus Herbals Pure Colors lipstick in shade Orchid Kiss

Lotus herbals is one cosmetic brand in our Indian market that I absolutely respect for 2 reasons:
1. Range and quality of products: They have a wide variety of cosmetic products and shades and quality if also awesome for most products and prices are always affordable.
2. They dont test on animals! :)

I have 3-4 shades of their lipsticks and lip glosses and I like all of them except for this shade that I am about to review.


Lotus Pure Colors lipstick retails for around 240+ INR and the quality and the pigmentation of the lipstick is very good for the price. The packaging is sturdy and attractive and the variety of colors they offer are quite decent.


The shade Orchid Kiss is the only shade of the set that I really dont care for. Again, I have nothing against the quality of the product per se, I dislike the shade and the texture of this particular one, so please treat this as a very personal review from here.


This shade, Orchid Kiss, is kind of misleading from its name:- One imagines a purple or the normal orchid-pink colored beauty but this is a frosted brownish-magenta-ish-pinkish-shade which IMHO is not a flattering color for most skin shades.


The shimmer in this lipstick is kinda evident and I am not a fan of shimmer. The shimmer becomes less obvious on heavier application.


The one good thing with this lipstick is its highly buildable and the color looks better - a more pinkish shade, with thicker application.. Check the swatches below, the left one is with a single swipe and the one on Right is after 3-4 swipes.


On the whole, this is not a shade I would ever recommend to anyone, there are better and more flattering shades in the same range, but if you are looking for a frosted pink shade specifically this might be something you want.


As a range, I love Lotus Pure Color lipsticks and next on my list is their Pink Blush shade :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...