Thursday, March 01, 2012

Review and Swatches: Lotus Herbals Floralglam Moisturising Lip Color in shade 020 O'Orange

I was searching for an orange based coral shade for that naturally flushed look for lips, when I stumbled into a locally famous beauty store in Kochi, Kerala. They didnt have any testers on this, but when I mentioned to the SA that I was looking for an orangey coral look, I think she heard the "orange" part, ignored the "coral" part and proceeded to sell me this lipstick.


As my husband had promised me to buy a lipstick of my choice and he seemed to like the color [said the bright color suits me, I still dont know if he was being flattering or sarcastic!] I thought, "Oh fine! I dont have a bright color in my kitty, let me try this.."


This is a bright eye-popping color that reminds me of Rasna orange drink I used to love as a kid [Now I dont, growing up and dieting removes most tasty stuff from your life :( ] This is one of the few colors, that looked the same on the tube and on my lips. \


About the lipstick:
Price is around 350INR and you can usually get it on sales online for around 290+.
- Enriched with Botanical extracts.
- Hydrates and protects lips for hours
If there is one fault I could find with the packaging [there are more than 1!] it would be the total lack of ingredients listed. Wish they added details like Expiry date, ingredients etc on the tube itself.

Another serious problem with the packaging is evident from the condition of my lipstick. I dropped it on the floor and something with the hinges went wrong and ever since, the lipstick bullet kept getting stuck on the lid :( Now there is nothing much left of the qty, not because I used it, but cos it kept getting stuck on the lid.


The lipstick is good in pigmentation, single swipe gives a decent amount of color and stays on for around 3+hours depending on skin type and climate. I cannot really judge if its really that moisturising as my lips dont get dry so lipstick dont usually dry me out.


This lipstick is good for desi wedding parties for that tinge of bright color paired with subdued eye and cheek makeup. Another lovely use I have found for this lipstick is as a creamy blush :) Looks great on my cheeks when blended, perfect for summer's day out.


Overall, I think this is a decent buy, with the range having som nice colors. Also, it is supposed to be herbal so hope less no of chemical stuff.

3 comments:

  1. very pretty shade, you may mix it with a pink shade to get a nice coral shade dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when brands like lotus take out bold colors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..this is such a lovely shade..im surely gonna get this one..i too love orangy corally ones :)...Nice Review!
    http://budgetbelleza.blogspot.in/2012/03/avon-glimmersticks-diamonds-eyeliner.html

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...