Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review and Swatches: Faces Creme Matte Gloss in shade Fiery Red

There are some products which after you use, you wish they were easily available, more shades were there and were a bit cheaper.. :) This is one such product for me. I love FACES lippies in general and trust their formulas but their glosses I havent tried much.


I got this at a random whim via Fashionandyou.com as these were on a sale and I didnt have many deep red shades. Also I'd read some reviews online which intrigued me but the words Creme/Matte/gloss didnt seem to gel well! I think a better name would be creme matte lip cream.. :)

The product is priced at Rs 399, may be available for lesser online and is available in around 10 shades.


Also the name is quite misleading. When I heard Fiery Red, I'd an image of a chilli-red color with an eye-popping effect. This is also a deep color but more magenta-ish I should think. Its a red with lotsa blue tones.


I used to have a paint palette once that had a similar color called Carmine, a deep bluish maroonish red. The problem with this color is that on applying it gives a more pinkish effect on lips which was not exactly what I was looking for.


Nevertheless this is a beautiful deep shade and really brightens my face. But this definitely is not an everyday shade as its a bit tooo bright.. :)


This is a beautiful shade, a great product. Stays for around 4+ hours easily and even when fading leaves a nice tinge on lips. A bit drying but not as bad as NYX lip creams, this doesnt settle easily on lines..I would suggest applying this with a light hand using a lip brush as lot of color comes  off when you use an applicator.

I would definitely try more shades and will definitely try some nice colors espl if there is a sale. But I have not seen any peachy/corally/pinkish shades which I would love to have. Wish they would add this soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hv this but do not like it much cause it gets patchy after sometime. :( Neverthe less gorgeous shade it is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...need more liquid lipsticks like the LimeCrime ones in India..

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...