Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Chambor Truly Lasting lipstick in shade Truly Terracotta 911

Today I am reviewing a staid color - Truly Terracotta from Chambor's Truly Lasting lipstick collection. You can read all about the collection here

The color is displayed as shown below in Chambor website.

Courtesy: Chambor website











You can buy this range online from Medplusbeauty.com at around 530 INR. I have not tried this shade in store nor do I have any other shades from this range. I got this one from Ankita [Corallista] on blog sale and  you can click on the link to check her review.






The bullet design is interestingly shaped but in the same old old boring black. That's one thing I liked about Deborah Milano's lipstick which I reviewed yesterday. I wish companies would try different colors, come on, we girls like fun! One big complaint here again is that expiry date is not mentioned, nor is the ingredient list given. Its very frustrating especially when you're spending 500-600 bucks to buy a product which you're not sure is expired or not! And considering we are putting this on our mouth, companies should be more responsible about such factors :(




The lipstick is a slim bullet and nicely shaped for easy application . I like the design very much. The color is a rich creamy toffee/coffee brownish shade that applies very smoothly.


It has a very coconutty scent that reminds me of some coconut based sweets I have tasted as a kid but honestly I would have preferred no scent or a fruity scent. It doesnt last long for me, so I really dont get the "Truly Lasting" part. Its a nice creamy lipstick which in itself kinda negates the "lasting" part, it stays around 2hours max for me without any heavy eating or drinking. Especially, if like me you apply a lip balm, then make sure you do the "apply once -bloat once - apply again-bloat again- apply again" technique to get a better staying coating.

The good thing is the pigmentation you get in 1 swipe [as you can see from the image], it immediately gives a nice creamy look on lips and I just love it. My lips are at times darkly pigmented so it helps that this lipstick gives a nice heavy coating in 1 swipe and doesnt settle into fine lines.

The color is good for office wears and on days you are feeling quite non-adventurous & would like to play safe. It is an all-skin-color type of lipstick and though at times, it makes me feel a bit nanny-ish I like it. 
Make sure, your makeup is purrrrfect to go with this lipstick else it might highlight your problem areas.

Face makeup suggested: Formal office look with basic foundation/concealing and earthy-tones blusher [make sure its flawless]
Eye makeup suggested: Basic black smoky eye with a deeper twist for emphasis on eyes. Eyes should be your highlight with this lip color.

Will I buy again: I don't know, the price seems a bit steep and I like trying new shades and new brands but this is a nice one if you like sticking with a basic brown color from a nice brand.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...