Monday, January 06, 2014

Review & Swatches: Faces Canada Mineral Loose Powder in Sand Beige

I am so sad that this product and me are saying Bye Bye [Expiry date passed :(] but we had a good run together. Check this product at Faces website and Medplusbeauty website.



I got Faces Canada Mineral Loose Powder in Sand Beige to try out Mineral face products and to understand what the buzz was around mineral products. I chose a good one in this face powder. This is a golden warm powder that is not very silky to touch but applies and blends in beautifully.


I like the design of the jar. It has a spongy head that lets you apply the product directly to the face [not very hygienic though]. I usually don't apply the product using this sponge but if I am on a run, sometimes I do that and it is very useful in applying & buffing in the powder.






I am reviewing this against what FACES claims in their website so I can actually check my experience against what they claim:

FACES Mineral Loose Powder is an innovative non-comedogenic formulation - agree, this didnt irritate my face at any stage even when I had some serious breakouts. This was the only product that I could actually use when I had some chemical burns on my face.

which offers protection from harmful UV radiation - Dont know about that. It has no listed SPF, so I didn't skip my sunscreen when i used this

 and imparts a silky, irresistible touch to facial skin. - I didn't notice any change in skin quality. The powder is not silky and it didn't feel very silky after application also.


It does not clog pores and is hypoallergenic. -  Agree on hypoallergenic. Dont know about clogging pores. I didnt have any breakouts while using this.


It comes with a unique, spill-proof, easy-to-use applicator.  - Agree, this was one of the best designs I have seen so far, much better than the ELF mineral powder [ check review here]

Suitable for light to medium coverage on all skin types- Agree, this is not something to displace your foundation, this is when you want a light coverage for a summer day's outing.

Overall- this is a great mineral face powder if you are looking for a light coverage daily use face powder. Keep a good kabuki with you for effective application.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...