Saturday, April 12, 2014

Oh Mi Amor... Spring Colors: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in Vivid

Ah, my beauty..past compare.. 

Remember Bianca Castafiore from Tintin comics, the diva who makes Snowy howl, singing [or yowling] this song from Faust? I am reminded of the song [not the yowl] here as I look at this beauty from Bite Beauty.



Bite Beauty doesn't need an intro - they are famous now for their high quality lippies & for me, the best part is they are from Toronto :) :)
I am tempted to visit their Geary Ave location,; they don't have an online store & as far as I know, they retail only through Sephora.

This lippie duo is available from Sephora for $15 CAD [Awesome right?].



What Sephora says about this lipstick : This mini duo of twist-up bullets offer neutral or vivid lips on the go. Wear them individually or layer to create your own custom look. With every application, antioxidant Resveratrol fights free radicals with potent long-term age-repair benefits. Each lipstick contains the Resveratrol equivalent of two glasses of red wine, reducing fine lines and wrinkles on and around the lip area over time.


My Experience:

I love this lipstick. Let me put that out 1st.

Okay, now here are some stuff I don't like, which I will clear 1st before I start gushing about it. First of all, I don't really care or believe about Reservatrol crap. If I am using a lipstick, I am using it for color, look etc, not for its skin care benefits. I use my lip balms or the new lip mask stuff from Korean brands for that. So, having Reservatraol which may be a wonder drug, doesn't mean a thing to me & I think to most lipstick lovers. Which makes me wonder why Bite has used it as the focus of their ads, instead of how awesomely pigmented their lipstick is! Talk about focusing on the wrong stuff!  Also if you read this article from Brightest Bulb in the Box [a must-read blog] , you'll get to know what the nonsense is about. Anyways, if that's how BBeauty wants to do their stuff, oh well!



Second of all.. for a brand that sells through Sephora, their packaging sucks! A boring greyish outer cover and a dull greyish-black case doesn't scream 'From Sephora' to me. Look at Too Faced, look at UD..come on, Bite Beauty, if nothing else go for the safe black!

Whew, now that is out of the way - let me talk about this gorgeous lipstick duo.
Palomino - my favorite of the 2- is described as a 'vibrant magenta' in the website & I agree. A stunning shade that will suit most skin tones & brightens up your look very easily.



Look at that color - I need this lipstick in my life.. Gimme more...n more...


Violet is described as a 'magenta violet' but I feel its more of a neon blue-toned pink rather than a violet. This is a more difficult color to carry for a day cos of its neon-ish look unless applied sheer; it looks great for at night.I have not tried this in full intensity as I feel it would suit me if I were 18 instead of 30!






Pigmentation - Awesome, Semi Opaque to full color in 1-2 swipes.
Staying  power - Decent, upto 4-5 hours without eating. Even if it fades, it leaves a color. Especially for Palomino which tinted my lips for some good amount of time.
Application - This is where I go nuts about this lippie. So soft and silky on lips. When ads talk about luxurious feel on lips, they are talking about this. It glides... and you wanna keep it gliding..
Comfort for wear - This is an important factor for me. It has to sit pretty and nice on my lips or else I don't wear it. This passed the test with full marks :)



Other factors- No harsh scent, no harsh taste, no irritation.

The lipstick bullet is small and I like it that way. Makes it easier to get it done precisely. In fact, I hope Bite Beauty will launch more of these shades!







Overall - Gal, run..go check if Sephora still has it.
Meanwhile, dear Bite Beauty, stop trying to make me a pauper. I saw your Deconstructed Gloss collection and with great difficulty I stopped myself from buying [God give me the strength]

Here is an interesting fact.
This Duo -> $15 for 0.1oz i.e. 150 for 1oz
A full size luminous lipstick - $28 for 0.13oz i.e. 215 for 1 oz

Aint that awesome? Hope they release more shades! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...