Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Colors: Medusa's Makeup Lip Gloss in shade Bite Me

Medusa  - what comes to your mind? A nymph-like pretty lady from the ancient times or a screaming face with snakes for hair? 
For me, it is the latter, so I am not very sure why a makeup brand would adopt a mythical monster's name.. 
Oh well, at least it sounds better than Bitch Slap :)

 

Being a regular visitor to Urbanoutfitters.com , I'd noticed this brand; so when I did a recent lippie haul [haul post coming soon!] , I got this shade Bite Me from their range. I must say, the shade names are pretty uninspiring - I would expected something with a Greek touch to add some piquancy :)


About the product: Price is $8 USD for 0.25 oz.

"This rich and luxurious gloss glides on smooth and moisturizes your kisser.
We have also added delicious flavors for each of our vibrant 12 shades.
"


My Experience:

I like that MM team have marked the scent/flavor name against the shade - so helpful! Seriously! For me, scent/flavor for a lip product is a break-deal factor & there are items I've thrown out cos of the weird scent.


Bite Me is a shimmery cherry red gloss shade with a Watermelon [Yayyy, I love Watermelon!] scent. The shimmer is not very harsh, so it is quite wearable. One good thing I noticed is that unlike some shimmer glosses [ Expect a review on one from NYX soon], the shimmer in this gloss is not a stay-around-and-make-my-face-a-disco-ball type. When the color fades, the shimmer also mostly goes away with it. 


MM website describes this as a Red, but its more a cherry blue-toned red with hints of pink in it. This applies semi-sheer, so if you are looking for a full colored gloss that gives the same opaque coverage as a lipstick, this ain't it.


I must say, I am happy with this cos:
1. MM is cruelty free- 3 CHEERS!
2. I like my lip gloss to be just  a glossy layer over my lipstick & not a standalone product. I know, I am old fashioned., but if I apply a lip gloss over my lipstick, I don't want it to blot out the lipstick color!
3. I like my glosses glossy but not sticky and this one is not sticky at all!



This doesn't stay for long, hardly an hour or 2, but I like the cute packaging and I don't mind reapplying my makeup. 
It doesn't have any weird sharp taste, no irritation and leaves my lips moisturized.


If applied alone,this gives a very sheer wash of color. 
I like pairing it over paler peachy lipstick shades to give some brightness to the lips. 



Overall: This is an excellent lip gloss for the price [$32 for 1 oz, Revlon SL gloss is $60+ for 1 oz!] and if you don't mind reapplying gloss every now and then, this is something you can try.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...