Sunday, May 04, 2014

A Weird product: E.L.F Cosmetics Studio Body Shimmer in shade Mystic Moonlight

Have you ever used a product and wondered if the company really thought things through? Like how the user is supposed -well- use it? I feel that frustration when I use shampoos with squeeze nozzles like hand soaps [I don't know about others, but when I shampoo I need some goodish amounts and I don't wanna keep squeezing] or when you see palettes with powder & cream products just side by side - how yucky is a lip color with black eyeshadow powder in it!


Anyways, this body shimmer by ELF is one weirdly designed product.

Create sexy, soft shimmer for a healthy looking glow that is lightweight and comfortable. Great for using on cheeks, lips, eyes, and decollete. The convenient twist-up design is easy to use for quick application. Simply glide on this chic shimmer for a sunless, gorgeous glow. 


Price: $3 USD for 0.35 oz

And what I have to say:  

"Nauthannen i ned ôl reniannen" -  Do you feel a thrill when you listen to this? I loved watching LOTR and Galadriel & Arwen kinda defined the word 'ethereal' for me. And why I said this whole story is - if you have the same ethereal complexion like Galadriel and have always wanted that elvish fairy sparkly look, this would be a great highlighter for you.

Mystic Moonlight - is a very frosty shimmery cool-toned silvery shade that leaves some serious shimmer behind on your skin. The shape is good for applying the product on the cheek directly - if it were a subtle highlighter, which this is not. Also, who wants to apply super frosty highlighter in such a wide swipe? The shimmer bar is pretty wide and a lot of product applies if you use this directly on cheeks. The product applies smoothly and is kinda okay to blend it out.


The super frostiness of this product makes it pretty hard to apply as a highlighter for any day wear, cos frankly I don't care to be a disco ball. The sparkly silver shade kinda makes it hard to use it at night also, cos the silvery shade grabs some prominence unless I really blend it in, in which case, all that shows up is the shimmer - which again turns me to a disco ball!

And using it on decollete - did you see the shape of it? How easy did ELF guys think it would be to swipe this across the decollete? It feels weird & applies weird! Also, the shimmer grabs on to hair, clothes and that turns super messy!


The only 2 ways I could use it is on eyes & lips as a highlighting shade. Now, for eyes, I like it. It looks pretty nice if I use it near the corners, beneath the brow bone and under the lower lash line. But, the point is - why would I buy this to be used as an eyeshadow, when I can buy - well,actual eyeshadows.

But on lips, well.. Meh! Its okay enough to apply on the cupids bow, but after some time, all that remains is shimmer. I tried using it in the center of my lower lips once, but I didnt really care for the texture and I am not a big face of using cheek products on lips [I don't mind the vice versa]. 

 Overall: This may be a good fit, if you are the super fair shade of skin color. If you like it, good for you. But me, I wouldn't really recommend this shade. I have a bronze-y shade that I am planning to try during summer. So lets see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...