Sunday, May 04, 2014

Spring Colors: Barry M Lip Paint in 145 Punky Pink

I got this Barry M lip paint from Asos, some time back and since then, I was more into nude MLBB lip trend and then later the whole 'coral' lips fiasco, I got distracted & didn't use it for a long time. Last month, I was digging up all my bright lip colors for Spring & Summer and I came across this one and went WOW as soon as I swatched it.


Since I was looking for a great fuschia-toned pink that can be a poww-wow color for Spring & Summer, the shock of finding exactly that amongst my stash made me think - may be I should shop in my wardrobe once a month! 

About Barry M Lip Paint [from Barry M Website] There is a shade to suit every occasion from soft, shimmering pastels to bold, vibrant colours. All Lip Paint's have a soft, smooth texture that is packed full of natural moisturisers to help them glide on and stay comfortable to wear for hours


In Canada, this is available from Nailpolishcanada.com for approx $7.50 CAD.

My Experience:

There are very few products that are pocket-friendly yet almost perfect in how they meet the purpose - this lipstick from Barry M is one of them. The shade Punky Pink is a beautiful bright blue-toned fushcia-ish pink that may look scary in tube but applies beautifully on lips.


The lipstick casing is okay - small and handy, which I like. I just wish they would have been a bit more creative with the design, like may be give the color in the casing, cos its hard to know the color by just looking at it. Also, the shade name is not listed on the tube. I am sure I'd prefer to see the label PUNKY PINK as opposed to 145!


As I have learned with lipsticks, the brighter the shade, usually the better the pigmentation and staying power. Another benefit of wearing a brighter shade is it usually brightens your face & pulls your look together. With nude or MLBB shades, your makeup has to be perfect to get the best finish for the entire look. With a brighter shade, you can go minimalistic in your eyes or cheeks and yet look very chic.


The name Lip Paint is frankly a bit scary - I imagined something that will be a bit sticky and long wearing with a very nasty chemical scent. However, this aint like that - it applies very a slightly creamy satin finish. Its somewhere between cream, satin and matte - I love the look that it gives.

With 2 swipes over my lips
One swipe gives a good amount of pigmentation and with 2-3 swipes you get the full color. It is decently moisturizing but not overly so. So, if you have dry lips, you may want to apply this over a thin balm. 

Other than that - no irritation, no taste, no harsh scent. Staying power is around 4-5 hours though the color still remains even when it starts to fade. 

Just a note - here is a blog post where this lipstick is touted as a good dupe for MAC Girl About Town - since I don't own MAC, I can vouch for the review, but it looks pretty accurate :)

 Overall: For the price and quality, this is one great lipstick and I love the color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...