Friday, May 23, 2014

Spring Colors: Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Exotic Island

I follow Tanya Burr in Youtube - I like her cos she seems pretty down-to-earth, cheerful and bubbly. So when I heard that she had come up with a new lip gloss range, I was pretty interested in trying it out. After some hemming and hawing and wondering if I should shell out $12 for a lip-gloss that looks a $5 product, I decided to take advantage of a feelunique offer and try it.



This is what Feelunique claims about the gloss: 

If you're hankering after the perfect catwalk-inspired pout or want an everyday high shine lip gloss, take a look at these gleaming lip glosses from Tanya Burr.

Offering a state of the art finish and performance, each Tanya Burr Lip Gloss comes packed with moisturising ingredients to feed and hydrate the lips. Choose from rich beautiful shades in crème and shimmer finishes and each tube comes with a handy lip brush applicator for a glossy 'wet look', with long lasting shine.


My Experience:

Exotic Island is a bright fuchsia-ish pink without any shimmer - its the kind of color that suits almost all skin tones and brightens a dull complexion.



Before I start raving about the things I love about this gloss, let me get out the bad stuff 1st...  The packaging sucks big time. Seriously. I'd expected something much more prettier & creative from someone like Tanya. Its plain ugly. The only good thing is it is functional and thats it!


Next on my grumble list is - the $12 price tag and the fact that this is not available so easily. I wish this came at a more drugstore-friendly price  like $7 or $8... well, I am nitpicking now.

Now to what I love about this. Just look at my lips. I mean, look at it. Thats 2-3 swipes of the gloss. The effect remained for around 30-45mins after which it settled into a glossy balm-y finish but it still left my lips super hydrated for another 1-2 hours. Awesome or what?

I edited the area around my lips cos I had some mustache - But the gloss effect is true and untouched!
This was the 1st time I actually felt that my lips were looking sooo - luscious & glossy -you know! I am hooked. If all her other glosses works the same, then I have a new HG lip gloss brand. If not for the tacky packaging, this feels like a very high end gloss!

Tanya doesn't make any nonsensical claims like long stay or intense pigmentation. These perform pretty much what they say - awesome finish, glossy effect and hydration without any lip balm.



Overall: I love it. Go get yours -seriously you need this!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...